Wednesday, February 25, 2009

You Know Four Seasons Barbados Is In Deep Trouble When...


... it's being trashed in the British press.

Two recent articles in the British press have picked up on the troubles at the Four Seasons project:

In an article titled - "Paradise Postponed" - The Evening Standard reported:
"Indeed, after a recent unexpected difficulty in this corner of paradise it seems they may have to wait for some time. Lord and Lady Lloyd-Webber are among a number of investors who have become impatient. Some have formed an action group to try to get things moving. They have all placed deposits on luxurious villas, costing up to $30 million, and so far there is no sign of a firm completion date.

Matters came to a head last week when workers on the site were told to pack up and leave. Today, work is at a standstill. Lord Lloyd-Webber is said to be taking legal advice."

Click here for entire article.

The Sunday Times chimed in:

"Winner [film director Michael Winnner] is watching events at Clearwater Bay closely. “It’sa posh development with a very nice beach,” he said. “But it’s got disadvantages as it’s where tourist boats come to swim with turtles. You can’t get near the sodding turtles because of the sodding tourists.

“Sandy Lane will be worried it would be a rival. But the developers say 2011, and this being Barbados that means 2014 at the earliest.”"

Click here for entire article.

4 comments:

  1. Barbados TravelAdvisor • View topic - Paradise found then lost for big earners - http://shar.es/pkd7

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...a writ has been filed against Paterson, at the High Court, by Roy Paul, who was senior vice president of development for Four Seasons before becoming chief executive of Paterson and Pemberton's company.

    He is suing Paterson for £229,000 and accuses him of breaching a settlement agreement." - more -

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The whole thing is a shambles..." Click here for full story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Working to get Four Seasons back on track


    Published on: 11/20/2009.


    A GROUP OF YOUNG BARBADIANS is working on the halted Four Seasons hotel project and much groundwork is being undertaken to put it back on its feet, says Prime Minister David Thompson.

    He told the media at last night's live Press conference that a lot was "going on behind the scenes", including keen interest by young Barbadians who had approached him in London recently.

    Noting some of these Bajans were well known but he didn't want to say anything about them yet, Thompson said he told them he would be extremely happy if they could assist in the multi-million-dollar upmarket resort project in Black Rock, St Michael, since it was an investment by someone who had done extensive business here over the years and had Barbados' best interests at heart.

    "What a great thing it would be for our country if young Barbadians were able to put together a deal that could save the project," Thompson said, adding that he himself had met with representatives of the villa owners, the financiers, the owner of the property and lawyers in England about it.

    "I don't think there's anybody connected to the Four Seasons project who I have not met with," he said, noting that it was a high-quality brand which could bring several positives to Barbados..." Click here for entire NationNews.com article

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for West Coast Barbados

Luxury Resorts - Google News

Inspiration